Learners who have completed SCS 0933, SCS 0934 or SCS 0935 through University of Toronto’s School of Continuing Studies or the equivalent of ACC 925 Introductory Financial Accounting at other post-secondary educational institutions may apply for a maximum of two (2) transfer course credits toward the Associateship in Canadian Surety Bonding Certificate.
Approved transfer credit
will be approved by the Program Associate based on the following criteria:
- courses must have an 80% overlap in content/curricula and a similar number of classroom or contact hours;
- courses must have been taken within the last five years;
- courses must have been taken from an accredited academic institution and listed on an official transcript with a grade of “C“ or better.
Learners who have completed
equivalent coursework in excess of the permissible transfer credit maximum
may apply for a course substitution. A
course substitution may be permitted on a case by case basis, as approved by
the program manager.
In order to assess your transfer credit request, please submit the following documents:
- name and course number of the external course(s) that you wish to be assessed for transfer credit and the name and course number of the CCE course(s) that you would like credit for;
- an official transcript, demonstrating your completion of the course(s) and your final grade(s);
- Upon request, full course outline(s) (i.e. course description, course objectives, assessment criteria, textbook, weekly content covered);
- Transfer credit requests can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by hard copy.
Please Note: It may take 4-6 weeks to assess your transfer credit request.
Please mail to:
Centre for Continuing Education
OJN, 3rd Floor, Room 338
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Attention: Program Associate, Associateship in Canadian Surety Bonding
Note: There is a fee of $99 for each Transfer Credit (once approved). The price is subject to change. Approved transfer credits not applied within 6 months of approval may be rescinded.