McMaster University’s Centre for Continuing Education (CCE)
is pleased to offer those pursuing a career in payroll the opportunity to earn
a McMaster University academic certificate, while pursuing their payroll
certification – The Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) Certification and/or The
Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) Certification.
The Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) offers the only
payroll certifications in Canada, and you can earn one or both CPA
certifications through McMaster University’s Centre for Continuing Education
(CCE). What’s more – course credits may
be used towards undergraduate studies!
McMaster University’s programs will prepare payroll
practitioners to manage the compliance requirements of an organization's annual
payroll cycle, deliver clear and reliable payroll information, and contribute a
payroll perspective to organizational policy and strategy discussions.
Why Pursue a Career
1.5 million employers count on payroll professionals to annually pay $860
billion in wages, $268 billion in federal and provincial statutory remittances,
and $94 billion in health and retirement benefits. Payroll professionals are also responsible for producing 26
million T4s, 9 million T4As, and 7 million RL-1s - all while complying with
over 190 regulatory requirements.
Payroll professionals play a critical role in
organizations. Employers nationwide are looking for certified payroll
professionals when hiring and promoting.
McMaster University’s Payroll Compliance Practitioner and
Canadian Payroll Management certificates enable payroll professionals to
enhance operations, comply with legislative requirements and utilize emerging
technologies - all skills that will make you invaluable to payroll departments
Increase your influence and earning potential by becoming a payroll professional today!
Why Choose McMaster
University’s Centre for Continuing Education (CCE)
University’s Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certificate and Canadian Payroll
Management Certificates have been developed in affiliation with the Canadian
Payroll Association to address the educational and professional development
needs of participants, the hiring needs of employers, the mission of the
Canadian Payroll Association, and the Centre for Continuing Education’s (CCE) strategic
The Payroll Certificate program provides:
- the opportunity to work towards their payroll certification and a university level academic certificate - concurrently. A two-in-one program!
- the necessary knowledge and skills aligned with core competencies for payroll practitioners;
- a professional education program for those interested in working within a payroll environment;
- employers with educational/professional upgrading opportunities for employees based on industry standard and competencies for payroll practitioners;
- the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues in a shared learning environment;
- credit towards an academic university level certificate, as well as an opportunity to apply course credits towards an undergraduate degree at McMaster University