The path to make the transition from diploma to degree studies easier than ever!
What is the pathway?
The My OWN McMaster Pathway is a unique partnership between McMaster University Continuing Education and the Faculties of Humanities and Social Sciences. This exciting partnership provides you with the opportunity to combine your CCE courses with undergraduate degree courses to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree in History or Sociology.
Who can access the pathway?
My OWN McMaster is designed specifically for working professionals who desire to earn a degree on a part-time, flexible schedule. The pathway allows you to customize your course selection and mode of delivery to earn a McMaster diploma and undergraduate Bachelor of Arts degree in History or Sociology.
The pathway is designed for:
- Professionals seeking a degree to advance their career
- Professionals pursuing additional credentials for future employment opportunities
- Professionals looking to combine the practical (diploma studies) and analytical (degree studies) skills sought by employers
- Professionals searching for accessible, part time academic studies to fit within their busy schedules
- CCE diploma students wanting to earn an undergraduate degree on a part
With only one application process and three different course delivery options, there’s simply no better way for working professionals to achieve their educational goals.
Why choose the pathway?
The My OWN
McMaster pathway is streamlined to make your transition from diploma to degree
studies as easy as possible.
How? The Pathway involves 3 steps:
|| Submit one application to begin the pathway
|| Complete a required number of courses with the
Centre for Continuing Education
|| Progress to your undergraduate program in History or Sociology
McMaster University Continuing Education Pathway advisors are available to help you
along the pathway to undergraduate studies.
My OWN McMaster Pathway: Fast Facts
- Earn a diploma, an undergraduate degree, and a professional certification (where applicable) through one simple route
- Classes offered online, weekends, or evenings
- Apply once to degree studies through McMaster University Continuing Education. No second application is required.
- Customize the number of courses you enroll in per term (based on availability)
* MCE and undergraduate courses are offered in a variety of formats. Some
courses may include daytime live sessions. Review course outlines and schedules
for details prior to registering.