MyOWNMcMaster allows you to choose from a variety of
diploma programs to pair with your degree studies.
- Simply select a Diploma offered through MCE
- Only one credential may be granted in the My OWN McMaster pathway. Upon successful completion, you will be awarded the diploma that you have selected to pursue in the pathway. No additional diplomas, certificates, or certificates of professional learning will be granted.
- Some diplomas have an application. You will be required to meet those program eligibility requirements.
Complete the remaining units with elective credit through MCE to reach a total of 60 units
- Elective courses must be academic credit. Academic courses have a unit value listed, while professional development or non-credit courses do not.
- Any existing course eligibility and prerequisite rules will apply.
example, you might select Human Resources Management as your diploma. This
diploma earns 27 units. The remaining 33 units of elective credit would be
selected from the other academic courses offered through MCE to reach a total
of 60 units. You would then complete 30 units of study through the Faculty of
Social Sciences or Humanities.
* MCE and undergraduate courses are offered in a variety of formats. Some
courses may include daytime live sessions. Review course outlines and schedules
for details prior to registering.
Note: McMaster Professional Development programs are not eligible for the My OWN McMaster Pathway.