All of the Metallurgy of Iron & Steel Certificate courses are offered online. It is important that you consider the learning format and its suitability for you in order to ensure that you have a successful learning experience.
- Teaching methods include weekly readings, facilitated discussion boards, videos, simulations, narrated PowerPoint slides, group and individual projects, and assignments. You will be interacting with your classmates and your instructor each week but you don’t need to log on at a specific time. Note: there will be an optional one-hour live tutorial session each week.
- You should expect to allocate approximately six to eight hours per week to complete your work.
- A pre-course email with information on the course, course materials, etc. will be sent approximately 10 days before the course start date. Courses are made “live” in A2L 3 days prior to start date of the course.
Considerations for Taking an Online Course
- You are good at keeping yourself on task to complete a project.
- You are comfortable asking for clarification when needed and expressing yourself in written form through email or a discussion board.
- You are able to work independently.
- You have a quiet place to complete your work.
- You are comfortable using technology.