What is Lean Six Sigma?
In a constantly changing business environment, organizations must adapt at an ever-increasing pace. To survive, they must create efficiency and optimize their processes.
Lean and Six Sigma are two methods of process improvement that, together, make up Lean Six Sigma theory.
- Lean principles help create value for stakeholders through minimizing waste.
Together, Lean Six Sigma enhances problem solving and process improvement by making them faster and more efficient.
- Six Sigma principles help reduce defects by effectively solving problems.
Why is Lean Six Sigma important?
Professionals with Lean Six Sigma credentials have long been valued in a variety of sectors. More and more industries are recognizing the value of implementing Lean Six Sigma for its ability to increase profits, decrease costs, and improve efficiency.
These are just some of the industries that leverage Lean Six Sigma principles: Health Care, Finance, Information Technology, Engineering, Operations, Project Management, Government, Not-for-profit, and more!
What will I learn?
- How to effectively plan, execute and lead using the Lean Six Sigma principles.
- Utilize the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) method and other tools to successfully drive improved process solutions.
- Gain a deep understanding of quality and process improvement with an emphasis on leadership and collaborative work environment strategies.