MyOWNMac is a pathway specifically designed for working professionals who want the flexibility to study part-time. This unique pathway allows learners to customize their course selection and mode of delivery to earn a McMaster diploma and undergraduate Bachelor of Arts degree in History.
MyOWNMac is well suited for professionals who are searching for a flexible, part time option to pursue diploma and/or degree studies, and for current CCE diploma students who would like to earn an undergraduate degree on a part time basis.
Learn more about MyOWNMac.
Other degree programs at McMaster
Students who successfully graduate from the program, and who wish to pursue degree studies at McMaster University, may be eligible to receive up to 24 units of undergraduate academic credit, as determined by the Faculty into which they are applying. The student must be accepted into the Faculty before this advanced standing is granted.
For application information to degree studies, visit the Registrar's Web site.
Students applying to the Bachelor of Commerce program after completing their diploma must be aware of the following criteria for advanced credit
Students intending to exercise this option are strongly encouraged to contact the Program Manager for detailed information.
- the diploma must be completed with an overall average of B- or better;
- a mark of B- or better must be obtained in each course that is to be used for advanced standing;
- only courses completed within the last 5 years will be considered for advanced standing;
- students with a failing grade will not be admissible to a B.Comm program (even if they repeat the course);
- students who receive advanced standing for Introductory Financial Accounting (ACC 925) and Introduction to Marketing (MKT 819) may be required to complete Economics 1BB3 and Economics 1B03.