Interested in starting a career, or education
program in health, but lack direct experience with the Canadian healthcare
system, anatomy/physiology or medical terminology?
courses serve as preparatory courses for individuals who are new to a health
education program, or lack training or work experience in the Canadian
healthcare system, or interested in applying to the Health Informatics or
Health Information programs.
Each course is offered online. Enrolment for these courses is open (no application required).
There are no transfer credits or exemptions for prerequisite courses. If you are interested in applying to the Health Informatics or Health Information Management diplomas and you are unsure if you require these prerequisite courses, please review the Program Admission & Prerequisite Chart.
Who should take the Health Introductory courses
- People interested in starting a career in the health care field;
- People in need of refresher course in Anatomy/Physiology, Medical terminology;
- Project managers drawn to health care;
- Health care professionals trained outside of Canada;
- People requiring these courses as prerequisites for Health Informatics and Health Information Management programs.