Transfer Credit from Other Institutions or McMaster Faculties
Transfer Credit from CHAlearning, The Canadian Healthcare Association (CHA), Learning Division
Submitting a Transfer of Credit Request
- A maximum of 2 transfer course credits is permitted for the Health Information Management Diploma program.
- Transfer credits are not permitted for the Health Information Certificate program.
The following general conditions apply:
- Courses must have an 80% overlap in content/curricula and a similar number of classroom or contact hours;
- Courses must have been taken within the last five years;
- Courses must have been taken from an accredited academic institution and listed on an official transcript with a grade;
- You must obtain a “C-“ or better to be eligible;
- You may only apply external transfer of credit to one Certificate or Diploma program;
- Advanced standing will not be granted until you register in a program;
- Transfer credits approved but not paid for within one (1) year of approval may be rescinded; and,
- You will be charged a fee of $99 per course.
In order to assess your transfer of credit request, please submit the following documents:
- Name and course number of the external course(s) that you wish to be assessed for transfer of credit and the name and course number of the CCE course(s) that you would like credit for;
- An official transcript, demonstrating your completion of the course(s) and your final grade(s);
- If requested, full course outline(s) (i.e. course description, course objectives, assessment criteria, textbook, weekly content covered);
- Transfer of credit requests can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by hard copy.
The Canadian Healthcare Association (CHA), Learning Division, and McMaster University Centre for Continuing Education (CCE) have developed this articulation agreement with the purpose of facilitating the educational mobility and transfer of students from Canadian Healthcare Association, Learning Division, to McMaster University Centre for Continuing Education.
Canadian Healthcare Association, Learning Division, and McMaster University Centre for Continuing Education enter into this agreement as cooperating, equal partners who shall maintain the integrity of their separate programs while working to ensure a smooth curriculum transition for interested students.
View CCE and CHALearning Articulation Agreement
It may take 4-6 weeks to assess your transfer of credit request.
Please mail to:
Centre for Continuing Education
OJN, 3rd Floor, Room 338
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Attention: Program Manager, Health Information Management