Health Informatics Program Admission Requirements
In compliance with the Certificate and Diploma
admission policy from Undergraduate Council, learners who wish to enter the
Certificate in Health Information, or the Diploma in Health Information
Management, must have the following:
- An undergraduate degree, diploma, or equivalent, from an accredited University or College;
- Be a mature learner as defined in the Undergraduate Calendar of McMaster University; or,
- Be deemed an exceptional case by the Centre for Continuing Education.
Applicants should review the detailed admission requirements before submitting the application in order to review what documentation is required.
In order to ensure that learners have the basic capabilities necessary to be successful in the programs' academic courses, it is recommended that learners have the following prerequisite knowledge, skills, or course completion:
- Knowledge and skills with introductory level courses in computer applications, such as spreadsheets, and word processing;
- Database knowledge;
- Knowledge and skills in statistics, and mathematical literacy;
- Successful completion of Understanding the Canadian Healthcare System, equivalent course, or equivalent professional experience in the healthcare industry;
- Successful completion of anatomy/physiology, or equivalent;
- English language requirements (if applicable).
* Missing a pre-requisite course? Consult the Health Information Management and Health Informatics prerequisite course list for options.