Turn your passion for golf into a fulfilling career! Golf is a $19.7 billion industry and employs over 300,000 people nationally.
Rewarding Career Opportunities.
Employment opportunities within the golf industry continue to grow with over 300 thousand jobs in Canada and over 1.98 million jobs in the U.S.
Our online courses are designed for individuals who wish to develop or upgrade their knowledge, skills and abilities for an exciting career in golf and resort management.
A rich and flexible environment to learn engages all participants by using leading-edge content and collaborative functionality.
- 10-course diploma or 5-course certificate offered online;
- Collaborate with a diverse group of professionals within the golf industry.
- Outline key retail management practices;
- Describe characteristics of entrepreneurship and industry key success factors;
- Develop comprehensive business plans;
- Describe club governance, committee dynamics and their strategic impact on decision making;
- Conduct typical financial analyses such as cost volume profit analysis, ratio analysis, performance measures and benchmarking;
- Apply principles of human resource management within the golf industry;
- Apply legal foundations and principles in operating a golf resort;
- Describe the framework of food and beverage operations in general and specific to the golf/resort industry;
- Identify legal compliance and controls in food and beverage management;
- Apply core design principles in golf course architecture.
Who should take this program?
- Anyone working in the hospitality or tourism industry looking to advance their career;
- Anyone looking to enter the field of golf and resort management;
- People working in the golf & resort industry such as golf operations staff; pro shop staff; marshals, starters, turf professionals, landscape specialists, golf instructors, club managers, servers, hospitality staff, municipal recreation workers, customer service representatives and more;
- Anyone pursuing membership with the Professional Golfers' Association of Canada (PGAC);
- Recent college/university graduates.
The Business of Resort and Golf Management programs have been built in collaboration with the Golf Management Institute of Canada (GMIC). The GMIC is a registered Canadian charity established in 1999.