How do you get the job you want without experience? How do you get experience without a job? Experiential learning, or "learning through doing," is a great way to gain new skills, and marketable experience simultaneously. Experiential learning complements traditional classroom and online learning in that students will learn through hands-on projects, experiences and activities.
McMaster’s Centre for Continuing Education courses that include experiential learning will combine theory with a real company project. This project will enable students to apply their knowledge in solving an industry problem.
McMaster Centre for Continuing Education is the first Canadian university continuing education unit to partner with Riipen, an experiential learning platform that supports students, educators, and companies through real-world industry project experiences.
What can you expect from a course with a Riipen experience project?
- No final exam
- An authentic and rewarding group project for a real company
- Instructor and industry feedback on your work
- Real experience you can add to your resume and use to build a project portfolio
- Networking with industry professionals
- Building relationships with other students in your field
- Gaining experience using online collaboration tools (eg. webinars, file sharing, etc.)