Advanced Standing for Student Entering the Program
The following general conditions apply:
- You may transfer one course into the Digital Marketing Certificate Program.
- Courses must have an 80% overlap in content/curricula and a similar number of classroom or contact hours;
- Courses must have been taken within the last five years;
- Courses must have been taken from an accredited academic institution and listed on an official transcript with a grade;
- You must obtain a “C-“ or better to be eligible;
- You may only apply external transfer of credit to one Certificate or Diploma program;
- Advanced standing will not be granted until you register in a program;
- Transfer credits approved but not paid for within one (1) year of approval may be rescinded; and,
- You will be charged a fee of $99 per course.
- As per McMaster University Senate policy (May 2017), a course can
be used no more than two times towards a McMaster University
credential. At McMaster, the term credential refers to a certificate, a
certificate of completion, a diploma, a MyOWNMcMaster milestone, and an
If you require more information, please be sure to contact us.
In order to assess your transfer of credit request, please submit the following documents:
- Name and course number of the external course(s) that you wish to be assessed for transfer of credit and the name and course number of the CCE course(s) that you would like credit for;
- An official transcript, demonstrating your completion of the course(s) and your final grade(s);
- If requested, full course outline(s) (i.e. course description, course objectives, assessment criteria, textbook, weekly content covered);
- Transfer of credit requests can be submitted electronically to email@example.com or by hard copy.
Submitting a Transfer of Credit Request
It may take 4-6 weeks to assess your transfer of credit request.
Please mail to:
Centre for Continuing Education
OJN, 3rd Floor, Room 338
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Attention: Program Associate, Digital Marketing