The Creative, Critical & Design Thinking program offers courses in an online format. It is important that you consider the learning format and its suitability for you in order to ensure that you have a successful learning experience.
Online delivery activities will include instructor presentations, group discussions, online resources (articles and videos), and practical application activities.
Course content is delivered over 13 weeks. On average, each week will consist of 3 hours of content.
A pre-course email with information on the course will be sent during the week before the course start date. Courses are made “live” in Avenue to Learn three days prior to course start date.
for Taking an Online Class
- You are good at keeping yourself on task to complete a project.
- You are comfortable asking for clarification when needed and expressing yourself in written form through email or a discussion board.
- You are able to read the textbook (and the assignments) on your own and understand the concepts.
- You are able to work independently and in small groups.
- You have a quiet place to complete your work.
- You are comfortable using technology.
What equipment do I need to use any of
the online course software and tools?
The following equipment is required for taking a course
- Windows or Mac computer
- Internet connection (high speed broadband is best)
and speakers (built-in or USB headset)