Five online courses. One academic certificate. A head start for future health care studies.
These courses offer individuals with no background or limited study in
health care with a foundational certificate program. These courses offer
a basis for future students in health-based programs.
The Canadian Health Care Certificate provides optional introductory courses for the existing Health Information Management and Health Informatics programs.
Select 5 of the 6 courses offered to build your own academic certificate.
Canadian Heath Care Certificate Learning Outcomes
Participants in the program will learn how to:
- Describe the Canadian health care system, its current governance, its regulation and operation, its current trends and issues;
- Identify structural units of the body including cells, tissues, organs and systems;
- Apply medical abbreviations and acronyms used in health care documentation;
- Analyze common diagnostic interventions to determine a normal or abnormal result;
- Understand the role of risk factors in health and disease;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the course of a pathological condition;
- Investigate methods used in public health surveillance and disease outbreak investigation;
- Explore research design involving descriptive, analytical, and intervention approaches to disease;
- Demonstrate an awareness of ethical practices and professional standards applicable to the field of health care;
- Exemplify the skills, attitudes and behaviours required to work and collaborate with people and develop personal management skills;
- Employ effective communication practices.
Who should take this program?
Please contact CCE for consultation to help determine if this program is right for you.
- Anyone working in the health care industry looking to advance their career;
- Anyone looking to enter the health care;
- Internationally trained professionals who require some Canadian health care education;
- Individuals who require academic upgrading, or refreshing of past courses in health care;
- Applicants to CCE's Health Information Management and Health Informatics diploma programs may pursue the certificate as part of the required pre-requisites for admission.
Learn more about our program. Watch a recording of our recent program preview: