Canada's aging demographic has created an increased demand for skilled business professionals to supervise, manage and operate retirement communities. Expanding your knowledge and skills in the retirement and senior living industry can open new doors to rewarding career opportunities.
The Business Administration diploma program with a Concentration in Retirement Community Management is a flexible, convenient online program. Designed in collaboration with the Ontario Retirement Communities Association (ORCA), this program gives you the foundational skills required for supervisory and management roles within the retirement industry so you can enjoy a career in areas such as operations, marketing, sales, HR or finance.
Why Retirement Community Management?
Demand for skilled business professionals to
supervise, manage and operate retirement communities is on the rise. Management and corporate staff in senior living communities require skills in business, marketing, finance, human resources, food and nutrition, paired with an understanding of senior living and aging.
Learning these in-demand skills through our online business administration courses, combined with a university-level concentration in Retirement Community Management, will give you the essential knowledge and experience to manage operations within retirement communities including staffing. finance, sales and quality improvement.
You'll learn to
- Demonstrate awareness of organizational structures and interconnections between the accounting, marketing and communication functions
- Outline the importance of long-term care, senior living communities and retirement community residences within social services and healthcare
- Explain laws and policies associated with the operations of a retirement community residence
- Assess plans and strategies for facility management design, safety, and environmental requirements
- Identify the psychological, physiological, social and spiritual needs of seniors
- Analyze health and wellness program plans including food and nutrition, fitness and wellness
Who should take this program?
- Anyone interested in long-term care, senior living communities and retirement community residences within social services and healthcare
- Anyone currently working in business or looking to enter the business field
- Professionals seeking a second career or career progression within hospitality, personal support, social services or business
- Individuals with limited experience in the fundamentals of business
- Recent college/university graduates
Business Administration — Retirement Community Management Requirements
To earn a Business Administration Diploma with a
concentration in Retirement Community Management, students must complete 9
courses (27 units) of study.
Start taking your core courses now to work toward your Business Administration diploma with a Retirement Community Management concentration.
Core courses (Take all 5)
Concentration courses (Take all 4)
- Healthy Aging: Health, Wellness and Nutrition (3 units)
- Residential Site Operations (3 units)
- Retirement Community Management (3 units)
- Data Analysis for Quality and Process Improvement (3 units)