MyOWNMac is a pathway specifically designed for working professionals who want the flexibility to study part-time. This unique pathway allows learners to customize their course selection and mode of delivery to earn a McMaster diploma and undergraduate Bachelor of Arts degree in History.
MyOWNMac is well suited for professionals who are searching for a flexible, part time option to pursue diploma and/or degree studies, and for current CCE diploma students who would like to earn an undergraduate degree on a part time basis.
Learn more about MyOWNMac.
Other degree programs at McMaster
Students who successfully graduate from the Business Administration program, and who wish to pursue degree studies at McMaster University, may be eligible to receive undergraduate academic credit, as determined by the Faculty into which they are applying. Eligible credit is as follows:
- Certificate in Business Administration: up to 15 units of undergraduate credit
- Diploma in Business Administration: up to 24 units of undergraduate credit
Note: students pursuing a Bachelors of Commerce through the DeGroote School of Business are eligible to apply up to 24 units of credit towards their degree.
For application information to degree studies, visit the Registrar's Web site: http://registrar.mcmaster.ca/.
Students applying to the Bachelor of Commerce program after completing their diploma must be aware of the following criteria for admission:
- the certificate/diploma must be completed with an overall average of B- or better;
- a mark of B- or better must be obtained in each course that is to be used for advanced standing;
- only courses completed within the last 5 years will be considered for advanced standing;
- students with a failing grade will not be admissible to a B.Comm program (even if they repeat the course);
- the DeGroote School of Business requires the completion of two of the following math courses to be considered for admission - Advanced Functions (MHF4U), Introductory, Calculus & Vectors (MCV4U) and Mathematics of Data Management (MDM4U)
The DeGroote School of Business does not accept students who have previously earned a degree.
Students intending to exercise this option are strongly encouraged to contact the Program Manager for detailed information.